Train with the best
Please set your own country and language once.
High Performance Hockey
SportWays Elite High Performance Hockey 2020 / 2021 is officially launched (invitation only)!
Why should you attend?
The best junior High Performance in South Africa with a 10 year proven track record of medals! Only the best players in the Province are invited to train together with our elite group of coaches.
FIVE of our HPH players have made the SA u21 team that went to the last junior FIH World Cup! And now due to the lengthy success of the program these players have also broken throught to the senior national team level too!
On average between 50% and 75% of the players making the WP provincial teams attend our HPH program by choice.
What is SportWays Elite High Performance Hockey?
HPH is a 4 year hockey development program-starting with u14/u15 players which gives them all the skills and grounding needed to develop into provincial players, preparing them for the next age group. The focus is on the key areas required for a high performance program:
1. Skills development (train specialist skills you aren't able to train in the team environment or during season)
2. Conditioning - hockey specific
It is the best players in the Province training with and against one another WITH the best coaches in the Province. This is not just another school level training. This is the best training you can get at elite age group level.
Our coaching staff this year is exceptional and a team that has worked together for more than 5 years now.
• Bryce West – Head coach of the u17 group (current WP Boys u16B head coach)
• Devin Stanton – Director of the Elite High Performance program and assists the U17 group (current WP Boys u18A head coach and national men’s team trainer)
• Mouton Joubert – Head Coach of the u15 group (current WP Boys u18B head coach)
• Mike Gildenhuys – Assistant coach of the u15 group (UCT 1st team player and USSA 2018 champion, provincial player and SW Technical Director)
• Jacques Le Roux Goal Keeping Academy – Goal keeper Technical Director (Played SA men’s national team and current SA womens national team GK Coach)
We are proud to be endoresed by Western Province Hockey Union as an offcial High Performance service provider. All players that attend our program will be guided by national high performance guides which are monitored by Kurt Cerfontyne the HP director of WP Hockey.
Of the 36 hour program, the goalies will have 18 hours of specialist coaching with our specialist goalie Technical Director. During the other hours the goalkeepers will be involved in the squad drills.
WP Boys High Performance Training Details:
Term 4 - 2020
Term 1 - 2021
14 week program
The off-season program will start on Sunday, 4 October 2020 and with the final session being Sunday, 15 November 2020.
The pre-season program will then start on the Sunday, 24 January 2021 with the final session being Sunday 7 March 2021.
REGISTER NOW to secure your spot - INVITATION ONLY! Invites have been sent to the appropriate provincial and national and zonal players.
If you would like to motivate why you qualifiy to attend, please contact Bryce at email@example.com so we can assess accordingly.